The W3MUM REPEATER is owned , and maintained by the Penn-Mar Radio Club of Hanover ,Pa. .The site is located up in the Pigeon Hills area 4 miles North Northeast of Hanover. The antenna is mounted on the WYCR-FM tower up 200 feet,and the station is located in their transmitter building.Total height is approximately 1500′ above sea level. The system has excellent coverage from as far south in the Winchester ,VA area,and about 30 miles NNE of Harrisburg ,Pa. The system contains a NHRC 10 Controller with GE Master II equipment putting out 35 watts to the antenna. The system is PL-TONED at 123.0 There is phone patch capability ,but not in service at this time. The repeater is an open system for all Amateurs to use anytime.If you have any questions,thoughts,or comments drop us an email.
To get a password to access the NHRC-10 repeater codes page send your name and callsign to [email protected] This will then be verified to make sure you are a Penn-Mar Radio Club member.
NHRC Repeater Controller Instructions
The NHRC-10 repeater controller supports six voice mailboxes. Club members can save, retrieve, and delete messages with simple DTMF sequences. Each message can be as long as 32 seconds. Each message has a number (1 through 6) and space for a short introductory header. When you want to check for messages, you send the voice mailbox prefix. The controller will respond with the message number and recorded intro of each message. When you hear a message header that interests you, you request that message specifically. Recording and deleting messages is not much different than playing them. The controller manages numbering, placing each new message in the next available slot. If you should try recording when all mailboxes slots are full, the controller simply replies “No Message”.
- How To Check For Messages The voice mailbox headers can be played by sending the voice mailbox prefix alone. send: 611 Unkey. The controller will say “Message” and then the message number and message header for each mailbox in use. If no mailboxes are in use then the controller will say “No Mailbox Message”
- How To Play a Specific Message send: 611<message number> The valid range is 1 to 6; however only messages that are present may be played. After the command is received, the controller will play the message header and contents. If there is no message for the specified number, the controller will say “No Mailbox <message number>.”
- How to Record a Message send: 611* Unkey. The controller will say “Record Message Header” Key up and say the words you want for the message header, then unkey. The controller will say “Record Mailbox Message” Key up again, and say the message you want stored in the mailbox. Unkey. the controller will say “OK”
- How to Delete the Last Message Played send: 611** The controller will respond with “OK”. You’re Done.
- How To Perform An Audio Check send: 611*** Unkey. The controller will respond “Record Test Message” Now key your audio again and speak. The controller will record and play back up to the first eight seconds of your voice, so you can hear how you sound.